We are Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited in Gort, Co. Galway
We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Law”) very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we may collect and use and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we at Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited may make of such data.
If you have questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
We may collect and process data relating to you during the course of our relationship with you. Such data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address and telephone number;
- information which you enter in any of our application forms which you complete for the purpose of entering into a contract with us;
- personal data relating to you in connection with our ongoing relationship with you, such as via correspondence and calls with you and based on the services which we are providing either to you or the estate agency activities which we are carrying out in respect of a property which you either own or have made enquiries in respect of;
- information which we are required to collect to carry out money laundering and identity checks and to comply with legal obligations;
- where necessary (e.g. where you are looking to purchase or rent property), information relating to your financial means (such as documentary proof of funds);
- for the purposes of carrying out research (which will be carried out using aggregated and anonymised data only) we may collect data relating to you (such as details of the country in which you reside) which may be required to analyse trends in the property market in Ireland;
- Depending on the circumstances, we might also obtain personal data about you from other sources such as public registers, landdirect.ie, government and regulatory authorities, business partners, financial and insurance advisors, service providers, etc.
- any other personal information you have provided directly to us. For example, in certain circumstances, where relevant to our relationship with you, we may collect information relating to your accommodation needs, including, for example, where, you have specific accommodation needs because of mobility issues which affect you or a member of your family or household.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
Your personal data may be used by us and by third party service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes of
- liaising with you prior to your decision as to whether to engage us to provide estate agency services on your behalf,
- carrying on estate agency activities on your behalf or in respect of a property which you own or are interested in acquiring, leasing or bidding for, and
- to carry out research (which will be carried out using aggregated and anonymised data only) and customer satisfaction surveys.
The legal bases on which we collect, process and transfer your information in the manner described above are:
- the performance of our contract with you;
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner and in carrying out meaningful research in relation to the status of the property market in Ireland. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Requirement to Provide Data
Generally, you are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data. However, some of the information required is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under applicable law and to provide services to you. If you do not provide us with these required details, then we may not be in a position to provide you with our services.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors and outsourced service providers (e.g. professional photographer and cleaning company).
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We store your personal data on our fully encrypted IT systems For further details on the uses which Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited may make of your personal data, please see below.
Retention of your personal data
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. We will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period of time after your contract ends as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
How Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited uses your information
Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited may access and process your data for the purposes of:
- contacting you by email for the purposes of carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
- carrying out statistical analysis of the property market in Ireland, including in relation to the status of buyers (e.g. whether first-time buyers, investors, etc.) and property prices;
- verifying, on a spot-check basis, whether its franchisees are providing services to its customers in a manner consistent with the standards required by Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited with applicable legal requirements; and
- for the investigation and processing of complaints and conflict checks; and
- The legal bases on which the Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited collects and processes your information are its legitimate interests in closing the sale of your property
Farrell Auctioneers, Valuers & Estate Agents Limited will keep your data fully secure and will only retain it for as long as is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or internet enabled device by websites to add functionality. A cookie can be used to identify a user’s computer or internet enabled device to the website, or to other third-party websites. Cookies help to improve the usage and effectiveness of the website, for example, by remembering preferences expressed by a user or tracking a user’s use of the website for statistical analysis.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the unlikely event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you are dissatisfied about the way we handle your Personal Data, please contact us. We will do our best to address your concerns swiftly and resolve any issues you have. You have the right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23. www.dataprotection.ie Tel.: +353 (0)761 104 800. Mail: email@example.com
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions, or comments regarding this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.